Terms & Conditions
1. Content of the Site: The Site provides information on the life and work of Louise Nevelson®, as well as the work of the Foundation. The information, images, links to other sites, and other content displayed or included on the Site (the “Content”) is offered for informational and educational purposes only. The Foundation makes no representation or warranty regarding the Content, including without limitation any warranty with respect to the completeness, appropriateness or accuracy of the information on the Site, or any site that may be linked to the site. Under no circumstances will the Foundation be liable in any way for any claims, liabilities, damages, or losses of any kind related to your use of any Content.
2. Content Posted to the Site By You: Some of the Content may be contributed by Site users. If you submit articles, information, photos or other material for inclusion on the Site, you represent, warrant and covenant that such material is not pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit, abusive or hateful. By submitting any Content to
PO Box 11978, Philadelphia, PA. 19145
6. Reservation of Rights: The Content is the property of and/or proprietary to the Foundation or its licensors. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring to you, by implication or otherwise, any license or right under any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary right in the Content, and you expressly agree not to make any use of any Content in violation of the rights of the Foundation or its licensors. Anyone wishing to use copyrighted Content for any purpose other than “fair use” as defined by law must first request and receive prior written permission from the copyright owner.
7. Disclaimers: EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREUNDER, THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THE FOUNDATION EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, EXPECTED RESULTS, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. THE FOUNDATION SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIM OR LOSS CLAIMED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO BUSINESS OR PERSONAL DECISIONS MADE BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SITE CONTENT. THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE FOUNDATION BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE OR WHERE THE FOUNDATION HAS BEEN ADVISED OR HAS KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
8. Restrictions; Indemnification: You warrant that you will not use the Site to conduct or engage in unlawful activities; to violate any law or regulation; or to violate or infringe upon the rights of the Foundation, or any third party, including without limitation contractual rights, intellectual property rights and privacy rights. You agree
1. The Information We Collect and How We Use It: We may collect two basic types of information from visitors to the Site: personally identifiable information and automatically generated information.
A.Personally identifiable information
Personally identifiable information is information that identifies the person to whom the information belongs – for example, a person’s name, address or e-mail address. By way of example only, when you make submissions to our catalogue raisonné or our oral history database, you may provide us with certain personally identifiable information, which may include your name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address.
Personally identifiable information is accessible by our officers, our employees, our contractors and our agents to the extent reasonably necessary for these people to do their jobs and mission related to the operation and management of the Site and the Foundation. We may also make personally identifiable information available to others as follows
B. Automatically generated Information
Automatically generated information does not contain specific details about the identity of the person who provided it. Examples of automatically generated information include Internet protocol (IP) addresses and information collected via cookies (described below). When you visit and use the Site, we may in our discretion automatically gather this information. We may use this information in the aggregate to monitor the Site and to improve the Site’s offerings. Aggregated data are compiled into statistical and demographic information that we may use, and may share with others, to show preferences of Site users in the aggregate, but not the preferences of any individual user. Shared aggregated data do not include a level of detail that will reasonably permit anyone to associate an individual user with the user’s usage or preferences.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer that retain your information and preferences relative to your activities on Site. Should you wish to prevent your computer from accepting cookies from the Site, you can change the settings on your web browser to either block cookies sent from the Site, or to disable cookies altogether. Please note that the Site may not function properly, or may function differently, if you choose not to receive cookies.
2. Other Permitted Uses of Your Information: We have the right to disclose and transfer personally identifiable information in connection with any transfer of our assets related to the Site to a successor. We may also disclose personally identifiable information to a third party if disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, court order, and/or other legal instrument, legal proceeding or relevant law, or if there is an immediate, imminent threat to the safety of any person, the Foundation, or the Site.
3. Security: We make no representation that this site uses security methods of any kind, whether firewalls, encryption security layers or secured socket layers. No computer or network-based product exists that can provide “perfect security,” we cannot guarantee nor represent that the steps we have taken, or may take, to secure your information will prevent our systems from being compromised and your information from being disclosed.
4. Modifying Personally Identifiable Information: We allow any user of the Site to inspect the personally identifiable information we maintain about him/her and to request correction of any error in our records relating to the personally identifiable information that we maintain about him/her, all in accordance with the terms and procedures we may adopt from time to time. If you wish to inspect your records, please contact us via email at email@example.com or 215.790.9681.
5. Links to Other Websites: The Site may contain, or postings to the Site may include, links to websites that are not affiliated with the Foundation, and whose data security and privacy policies may differ from this Policy. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of each of the sites that are linked to or accessed from the Site so that you will be aware of how each visited site collects, uses and distributes such information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by third party sites.
6. Children: The Foundation does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 years old. If you are under the age of 13, you should not submit any personal information to us.